Staff-staff spacing temporary changes

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Staff-staff spacing temporary changes
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 12:20:46 +1100

I have a piano score in which there are three systems per A4 landscape page, and then it shifts to 2 systems, and the back to three. [There are musical reasons for this which need not detain us.] The pages with two systems page show very wide stave to stave spacing, compared to the rest of the score.

Is there a way to reduce this staff-staff spacing temporarily, for just a couple of pages? Do I need to post an example?

Andrew