Re: 4 slashes in percent repeat

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: 4 slashes in percent repeat
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 20:10:19 +0200

Am 03.04.2016 um 15:36 schrieb Thomas Morley:
<address@hidden>:
Hello

I was wondering if it's possible to have a percent repeat with 4
slashes in LilyPond. Like an \override setting or similar. My use
case is when a set of 4 bars repeats n times, like: \repeat percent
4 { c1 | d | e | f | }

the most I can get is a double percent symbol .//. is there a way
to have .////. ?

I remember vaguely that this issue has been discussed some years ago.

The problem I see here is that you have two completely empty bars:

|      |     .//|//.    |       |

So it is not easy at first glance to understand what's going on here.

I use this abbreviation for my handwritten manuscripts, but here I draw
the slashes wide and slanted enough to cover all four bars.

These comments aside, it looks as if the underlying C++ routines could
indeed handle more than 2 slashes, but there is no way to call that
routine directly IIUC.

Best regards

Apart from manually tweaking, I see no reasonable chance. But how
about: http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=954

Looks promising and easy to read.

Marc