Re: Guitar bend error

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Guitar bend error
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:38:31 +0200

> Add a line break before bar 25
>
> r4 r8 e' g2 | \break  % gradual bend on g2 towards a |
>
> % BAR 25
>
> \bendGrace g8( a2) g2( | % gradual bend on g2 towards a |
>
> \bendGrace g8 a4 g8) e g2( | % gradual bend on g2 towards a |
>

> HTH
> Stephen
>
> It was written by Marc Hohl I just adapted it to have no tab since I don't
> use tab
>

> see
>
> https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/tree/master/notation-snippets/guitar-string-bending
>
> Line breaks over bending notes are not supported and they are currently
> disabled, because otherwise the file would not compile as soon as page
> formatting decisions create such a situation.

Manual inserting \noBreak or \break will probably not enough, without
\layout { \autoLineBreaksOff }

Opposed to what is claimed in the quote from openlilylib above,
disabling line-breaks do not work sufficiently.
See the out put from:
\include "definitions.ily"

\displayLilyMusic
\relative c'' {
    \bendOn
        c1( d)
        c1( d)
}

It returns in terminal:

{ { \override Voice.Slur.stencil = #slur::draw-pointed-slur
    \override TabVoice.Slur.stencil = #slur::draw-bend-arrow
    c''1( \noBreak } d''1) c''1( d''1) }

The overrides last until the end, but the \noBreak occurs only once!!

Cheers,
  Harm