Re: Replying to posts

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Replying to posts
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:11:59 +0200

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 07:39:25 -0500
Tim McNamara <address@hidden> wrote:

> The reality is that the world, given the ubiquity of broadband and
> graphical interfaces, has moved on from plain text.

True. They now need megabytes to deliver a 60-character message with 2
characters (or less) semantic content :) .

But this is a mailing list, and people joining mailing lists are of a
different kind. They know about mail tools and at least can be asked to
confirm to list standards.

For those who want glitter and spam, there's facebook and twitter.

> The world has changed and left us behind.

I can feel your pain, but I do not agree.

-- Johan

Warning: 78-character ASCII aligned signature following...

Johan Vromans                                           address@hidden
Squirrel Consultancy                                  Exloo, the Netherlands
http://www.squirrel.nl                              http://johan.vromans.org
PGP Key 1024D/1298C2B4                  http://johan.vromans.org/pgpkey.html