Re: OT: high-precision tuner app

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: OT: high-precision tuner app
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 20:17:56 +0200

On Thu, 26 May 2016 10:48:44 -0400
Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:

> For discussion:
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhLNXXxbfNA>

Provided the video is bona fide, this is merely a good example of someone
who is capable of memorizing the 12 tones of the piano. Which, as discussed
elsewhere in this thread, is not really perfect pitch.

For example, I cut out the "sing an A" part and played the notes through
a sensitive tuner. The piano A was 439.3 Hz, which I attribute to the video
recording. So I calibrated the tuner to this, and measured the boy's A. It
was approx 435 Hz. Impressive, though. Maybe he's a reincarnated
baroque musician?