Re: How does the lilypond-book-preamble work?

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: How does the lilypond-book-preamble work?
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 16:10:49 +0200

Hi Karl,

thanks for your reply. I put some comments between inline:

> Theese:
>  print-book-with-defaults-as-systems
>  print-book-with-defaults
>  collect-music-for-book
>  collect-scores-for-book
> are defined in scm/lily-library.scm, take a look there.

I did a few more hops through the code. But not so successful. I was
more after some enlightment what these functions are intended for. My
guess is now: They collect all scores in the document and produce output
for them. I need only one score per document and hope for a limited
amount of magic in the background. But without, the cropping does not
happen.

>> #(ly:set-option 'backend 'eps)              % what if I want svg?
>
> Can't you convert your intermediary eps's or final ps/pdf's to svg ?
> Inkscape claims to be able to do that:

Well, yes. But I want it to be scriptable and as few as possible tools
and steps required.

> Why don't you include the ly/lilypond-book-preamble.ly verbatim in
> some test ly file of yours...

I did that and should have posted the error:
/home/joram/Technik/sw/ly/lilypond/compiled/share/lilypond/2.19.22/scm/lily-library.scm:259:5:
In procedure module-lookup in expression (process-procedure book paper ...):
/home/joram/Technik/sw/ly/lilypond/compiled/share/lilypond/2.19.22/scm/lily-library.scm:259:5:
unbound variable: output-classic-framework

Not knowing scheme, I didn't know what the error is telling me.

> Doing that I find that scm/framework-svg.scm is missing the
> output-classic-framework procedure which the other framework-*.scm
> have. Perhaps adding that will solve your problem.

To me it looks like I would have to invent quite a lot of other
functions like dump-stencils-as-SVGs etc. That's beyond my abilities I
guess.

My summary: I still see no path towards an SVG output of snippets.

Cheers,
Joram