offset for lyrics does not offset the lyric hyphens

From: Br. Gabriel-Marie | SSPX
Subject: offset for lyrics does not offset the lyric hyphens
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 10:05:56 -0500

Hey!  I think I may have found a possible bug.

So, I have been playing around with the use of instrumentName and shortInstrumentName for uses of numbering lyrics.

Now, when have a key signature that doesn't take up much horizontal space on the bar then it is possible that the numbers may overlap some of the lyric text.

So you can use
\override Lyrics.LyricText #'extra-offset = #'(2 . 0)

to move the lyric text around so that it is out of the way of the numbers.

However, this causes a few problems:
1.  Since it is an offset it does not affect how the text lines up with the music notes - but I think this is correct procedure for an offset.
2. And this is the bug (I think) - hyphenated lyrics move, but their -- hyphens do not move with them.  So the offset causes the lyric words to overlap their hyphens.

You can see the overlap here in wo -- rds, wi -- th, and stanz -- as

I have attached a minimal example.

All of that having been said, is there a way to move the text along with the notes?  In other words, can I push the music with its lyrics to the right a little bit somehow to get space?

(I'm still playing with Harm's stanza trick; but I like the instrumentName method better because it keeps the numbers in the same place on every bar and doesn't shift position on account of word lengths)