Re: Problem coloring Ambitus ledger-lines

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Problem coloring Ambitus ledger-lines
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 23:05:57 +0200

On 09.07.2016 22:53, Cynthia Karl wrote:
I’m guessing from all this that the Ambitus is actually part of the
StaffSymbol. Is that right?

No, it’s not. To quote from the internals page for Ambitus_engraver: <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/ambitus_005fengraver>

This engraver creates the following layout object(s):
AccidentalPlacement, Ambitus, AmbitusAccidental, AmbitusLine and AmbitusNoteHead.

So there are three visible and two invisible grobs that it creates.

LedgerLineSpanner is also not part of the StaffSymbol, but it behaves similarly in that in order to introduce any overrides after the piece has begun, you need to \stopStaff and \startStaff, but I believe that has become clear through previous posts.

HTH, Simon