Re: Independent Repeat Spanner

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Independent Repeat Spanner
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 17:58:45 -0700 (MST)

> Thanks a lot for your great code!!!

Glad I could help!

> Anyway your code seems to work fine for me. The only things I would change
> is a)
> the type of the repeat barlines (I prefer the ones with the brackets )

This would be easy enough to change, I think.  You could probably substitute
your code in the places that draw barlines here.

> b) the arrow shouldn't be at the end of every spanner but should appear
> only if a \break occurs. (See OP)

This can be added as a feature easily enough.  In the meantime, though, you
can use

\alterBroken no-arrowhead #'(#t #f) FrameExtender

to suppress the internal arrowheads.

> I wish we could make this work in multiple staves/PianoStaff but for that
> purpose I will use my code until something better shows up.

It doesn't completely not work.  If I remember correctly, there's an issue
with the vertical positioning
of the extender line.  But it may be more serious than that.  Working on
this was making me feel...queasy...with all of the complications, and I seem
to have blocked it out of my memory.

Best,
David

P.S.  I think I ought to put this up on GitHub.  various versions of the
code are hopelessly scattered about the lists, and putting it in a central
location might lead to improvements from others.  Will let you know.