Re: Slur over single note?

From: Joel C. Salomon
Subject: Re: Slur over single note?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 12:11:14 -0400

On 2016-07-19 2:45 AM, tisimst wrote:
> It could be a LaissezVibrer tie, but I'm wondering if there isn't a
> connection to the next bar. The tie extends so far and touches the
> BarLine at the end of that measure that makes me wonder, but it's only
> speculation at this point. Given the ending tip's vertical position,
> too, it almost looks like it could be a slur. What does the next bar
> look like?

The next bar doesn’t have any partial ties or slurs.  Other scores in
the same book do have indications of ties continued across line-breaks,
so I’m reasonable sure this was not accidentally omitted here.

Experimenting with the `\extendLV` function verifies Robin Bannister’s
original caveats:

> You could however make it _look_ longer, but then
> - you have to guess how much
> - it may collide with something.

so while `\laissezVibrer` is cleaner code, I think I’ll stick with my

    #(define afterGraceFraction (cons 1 1))
    \afterGrace a1( {s32)}

hack.

Thank you all,