Re: notation of wind chimes

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: notation of wind chimes
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:40:44 +0200

ok, some progress :-)

I found something with the aid of Musescore. I'm not sure if it's correct though. The Dutch translation of "wind chimes" I found on google translate was "wind klokkenspel", which sounds very unnatural, I assumed it just combined two words, wind and chimes, but Musescore seems to use the same. There is a bug in the instrument naming, it shows "wiind" (double i), which is a typo, but if that's a typo, chances are it is completely wrong too.

Musescore shows a single line staff, I hope that is correct.

grtz,
Bart

Hi all,

this is not a lilypond-specific question, but I guess I might find something here :-) . I'm writing down some music I first made in Ardour, with orchestral sample libraries.

I'm not quite familiar with percussion notation. I make use of wind chimes in the music. it already seems impossible to find a good translation for it in Dutch but finding a description of how to write it down seems too much for google :-p.

If someone here knows of a good, in depth online reference about the rules of percussion notation in general, and/or about how to write something like wind chimes, I'd very much appreciate it.

grtz,
Bart