Re: that acciaccatura issue

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: that acciaccatura issue
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 09:42:37 +0200

I am not commenting on a lot that can stand on its own.  That does not
mean that I disagree, merely that I don't see that anything is in want
of adding.  We don't need to incite Karl Valentin's "Es ist alles gesagt
worden, nur noch nicht von jedem." (everything has been said already but
not yet by everyone).

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> If my replies came across as hostile or insulting, please accept my
> apologies.  It was not intended at all. As a non-native speaker this
> happens sometimes to me, though.

I don't think that if anybody but yourself would have answered that
there would have been a problem.  The overall impression mostly arose
because of people jumping to your (and other helpers') defense, partly
proactively, and the overall _combined_ responses were perceived as a
"mob response".  When you are trying to lead a civilized exchange with
somebody and your friends are lining up behind you with torches and
scowls and supportive shouts (which you did not actually ask for), you
may find it irrational how unresponsive to the detailed arguments your
conversation partner turns out to be.

I think you are likely least to blame for the outcome of that group
effort.

--
David Kastrup