Re: use of set Timing.measurePosition is disrupting automatic beaming

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: use of set Timing.measurePosition is disrupting automatic beaming
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 20:35:08 +0200

Roderick Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> Hallo,
>
> I am learning how to write bagpipe tunes with Lilypond. Bagpipe tunes
> are usually in parts with a partial measure at the start and end of
> each part. In order to avoid the warnings about use of "\partial"
> within the body of the score I am trying to use "\set
> Timing.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment -3/8)".

As of version 2.19.12, \partial is allowed in mid-measure.

> My problem is that this command seems to disrupt the automatic
> beaming: the half measure before the command is always printed as
> individual notes. In the attached fragment the first one and a half
> measures are correctly beamed but then the last half bar has no
> beaming. What am I doing wrong?

An upgrade to a current developer version might be worth considering
(though I think the last few versions had various problems).  I'm not
sure this will help with the autobeam problem, but once you are using a
version similar to that of the developers, the chances for them being
able to offer good advice and/or reproduce problems are better.

--
David Kastrup