Re: dynamic marks on multiple lines between piano staves

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: dynamic marks on multiple lines between piano staves
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 10:41:57 +0200

On 21.10.2016 10:28, Sirius Barras wrote:

1) I separated left and right hand using two variables. To generate the output I do:

\score
{
  \new PianoStaff
  <<
    \new Staff = "right" {\right}
    \new Staff = "left"  { \left}

  \layout { }
}

Then, even if possible it would be extremely difficult to use your solution....isn't it?

Not at all, just insert the Dynamics contexts between the two Staff contexts, inside PianoStaff.

One more idea:

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff { c'1 }
    \new Dynamics { s1 \set Stanza = \markup\normal-text "1." \p }
\new Dynamics { s1 \set Stanza = "2." \f } % just showing two different ways to format the stanza number
    \new Staff { \clef bass c1 }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Dynamics
\consists "Stanza_number_engraver" % I hope that’s the correct name, no time to test right now…

Or you just use one markup for the two indications :-)

Best, Simon