Re: Augmentation dots reg test

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Augmentation dots reg test
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 10:29:11 +0100

On 29 Oct 2016 04:39, "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have worked some more on the augmentation dot algorithms, including adding the directions (/DotsUp, /DotsDown).
>
> I would like your opinion on whether the attached regression test, which is different from the current development regression tests, is correct.  I think it is, but I'd like your opinions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carl

This specific multiphonic case? I think it is ok. But is there an argument for adding some horizontal space...?

What happens with your new code with overlapping, rather than stacked notes? E.g. << <f a b c>4. // <a e,>2. >> (untested).

I think from previous test cases it may become difficult to understand which dots behind to which notes. IIRC there's an outstanding bug about horizontal positioning in this situation.

Chris