Re: Font problem

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Font problem
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 16:00:38 -0700 (MST)

Thiago Censi wrote
> Hello.
>
> I am new to Lilypond. I am on Xubuntu 16.04 and installed the packages via
> the default repositories. I am having a problem with the fonts used in the
> score. I don't know if it is a Lilypond problem or a package missint or
> something else. I tried looking in the manual, Google and etc, but didn't
> get lucky (or maybe didn't ask the right questions).
>
> Here is the code used:
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> \header {
>     title = "Test"
> }
>
> \relative c''{
>     \time 3/4
>     % \tempo "Andante"
>     a4 a a4. a8
> }
>
> Here is the png generated (PDF looks the same):
> http://imgur.com/Vi4ZxLU
>
> I created a Gist with the Debug output:
> https://gist.github.com/tacensi/cbc5aec59d426ee356141a877e8f7941
>
> All the fonts are there, there seems to be nothing out of order.
>
> Any directions are welcome.
>
> --
> tacensi.

Hi there,

I actually run XFCE too, and I ran your test file on my machine here. It
engraved fine, and I install the same way you did via the repo. There must
be something missing on your computer, is this a clean install of Xubuntu or
do other programs show issues? PDF, text, etc. (fonts) I have a clean
install, more or less, just LilyPond, Frescobaldi, Latex, and Inkscape. Hope
this helps!

This is what your test looks like on my XFCE:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n196797/xfce.png>

(sorry the attachment didn't work the way I wanted it to!)

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond