Re: Quick question about accidentals

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Quick question about accidentals
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 14:55:47 +0100

Hi David,

yes, I think there is no such command as short as ?.

> Using '\once \override Accidental.stencil = ##f' isn't too onerous -
> but I just wondered if there was an even easier way.

\once \omit Accidental
is the same and it is a bit shorter but no way near ! or ?.
Of course, you can always define a command like
no = \once \omit Accidental

> (The reason I ask: I have '\accidentalStyle modern' set as a default.
>  In a G major passage I have a bar with an F-natural followed in the
> next bar by an F-sharp.  In the instrumental part the second bar
> appears at the start of a line.  Having a sharp sign in front of the
> note immediately after the key signature at the start of the line is
> superfluous and looks silly.)

I don't know of an accidental style which treats line breaks
differently. But in general, this might be possible to define.

Cheers,
Joram