Re: New LilyPond website

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 02:01:26 -0500

I would suggest to get rid of the Ray-Ban advertisement on the first page - the "Learn More" button there seems redundant anyway, since it scrolls down to the
​very next ​
thing below it.
​Alternatively, i​
t would be attractive to see the
​"Features
"​
right away on that first page, and if anything goes above it maybe that could be the following:
LilyPond is a music engraving program, devoted to producing the highest-quality sheet music possible. It brings the aesthetics of traditionally engraved music to computer printouts. LilyPond is free software and part of the GNU Project.
There's a ton of content missing that hasn't been copied over from the original website, and I couldn't begin to guess how you'd plan on (re)organizing all of it within the framework you have proposed.

Sort of along the same line, everything is so blown up that it all requires so much scrolling to get through (and ; the navigation is just tedious and (to me) doesn't support the kind of easy/friendly profile we'd want to welcome new users (or anyone) with.

That's all to say, I think the current website works very well as is right now, and really don't see a reason to completely transform it. Some small changes, like to the color scheme perhaps, could be nice though.