Re: request for help: huge score

From: karl
Subject: Re: request for help: huge score
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 00:35:53 +0100 (CET)

Joram:
> Am 29.11.2016 um 13:20 schrieb address@hidden:
> > You know, the main work of Mozarts Requiem was done by a midi to
> > lilypond converter and lilypond itself, my work was mostly framing.
> Well, yes and no. Yes, it shows how capable LilyPond is in creating
> beautiful scores by default. No, because you use some general overrides
> and they are well thought. Also the whole TeX framing, the combination
> of text and music and the beauty of the score as a whole comes not for
> free even if the necessary changes are few.

Well, what can I say, thanks.

Btw, there is a good point in avoiding tweeks, because you can just
wait a few years and then magically you don't need it any longer ---
because lilypond has become so much better and does it for you
automatically.

> Btw, I like the usage of variables in the lyrics:
> http://turkos.aspodata.se/git/musik/WAMozart/requiem/II.ily

I would be nice if there was (maybe there are) some lyrics functions so
you can add a "." or a "," to a text and possible other manipulations,
since if you write it out in full, you have to double check every
syllable.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data