Re: Emmentaler font issues with the infinality bundle [was: on Arch Linu

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Emmentaler font issues with the infinality bundle [was: on Arch Linux builds]
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 10:00:09 +0100

Hi Michael,

On 2016-12-09 07:17, Michael Gerdau wrote:
Hi Alexander,

I'm on ArchLinux 64bit myself and use a self compiled devel (curretly
2.19.52) myself. My skyline seems identical to your 2.19.50 version.

thanks a lot, that helped tremendeously to get me on the right track.

My fontforge and fontconfig are the binaries from the offiial repo.
I know for sure since I recently have tracked down a font scaling issue
on my system, where I made sure I had all of these packages w/o me
"fixing" anything :)

So the mgd in the mail address is the same mgd who mentioned problems with the infinality-bundle on aur/lilypond-devel? Well, guess what resolved my problems... (Turned up as first hit after I had the correct idea, and searched for "Lilypond onfinality".)

Therefor I would claim, nothing wrong with ArchLinux as out-of-the-box.

Confirmed by a two-minute test without recompiling anything (I use bohoomils repo for infinality, not the aur package). Could you do me a favor and double-check whether the skylines change if you replace {cairo,fontconfig,freetype2} by {cairo,fontconfig,freetype2}-infinality-ultimate (possibly along with the lib32- variants)? No hurry, though, I'll have to find time to investigate more, and whether the configuration can be changed to leave Lily's music fonts alone...

Cheers,
Alexander