Re: Any idea what this error message means?

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Any idea what this error message means?
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 21:57:00 -0600

On Tue 20 Dec 2016 at 03:01:43 (-0700), ptoye wrote:
> David Wright wrote
> > At first glance, it looks as if the problem might be caused by the
> > last line of lilypond/usr/bin/ps2pdfwr which looks like:
> >
> > exec "$GS_EXECUTABLE" $OPTIONS -q -P- -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
> > -sstdout=%stderr "-sOutputFile=$outfile" $OPTIONS -c .setpdfwrite -f
> > "$infile"
> >
> > What does the Windows version have here?
>
> David, it's the same. This is from my Windows installation.
>
> exec "$GS_EXECUTABLE" $OPTIONS -q -P- -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
> -sstdout=%stderr "-sOutputFile=$outfile" $OPTIONS -c .setpdfwrite -f
> "$infile"

The odd thing here is that your error message's commandline appears
not to be derivable from the above AFAICT.

warning: `(gs -q -dNOSAFER -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595.28
-dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=841.89 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200
-sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=./All night.pdf -c.setpdfwrite -fAll night.ps)'

So it leaves me wondering where your gs command is being invoked from.

> It's no longer an issue as I won't use spaces in file names again.

... which is fine as long as others (who might wish to use spaces)
don't hit the same problem. But as you wrote that you moved a few
files around, perhaps this had some bearing on the problem.

Cheers,
David.