Experience with several import filters

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Experience with several import filters
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 09:50:05 +0100

Hey users,

Jan-Peter and I will have to give a report of the current state of
import/export options to and from LilyPond. As there are a number of
tools I have never used
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/usage/converting-from-other-formats)
I would like to ask for any comments regarding the usability of these
tools: I know I could search the archives but I would prefer current
statements of people who are actually using them (or don't use them
because they don' work as expected).

midi2ly and musicxml2ly
If I'm not mistaken these tools do work but are not completely reliable.
is that correct? Can they be used in professional context at all, maybe
only with certain types (complexities) of repertoire?

abc2ly
Is anyone using this? If so, does it work properly, does it produce
up-to-date LilyPond code?

etf2ly
Is anyone using this? If so, which versions of Finale does this support?
Somehow I can't imagine this can be used for reasonably current Finale
versions.

Thanks in advance
Urs

https://openlilylib.org