Re: Baritone and treble clef

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Baritone and treble clef
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 12:03:05 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Sumbler" <address@hidden>
2) I may
be mistaken, since I am not generally involved in performing vocal
music, but I think it would be unusual for a baritone to be expected to
read treble clef. I am sure that most can, but that is hardly the
point: I used to be a flute-player, and I could easily have read my
music in bass clef (performing the necessary 1- or 2-octave
transpostion), but in 55 years I was never expected to.

David

You are mistaken. Baritone singers read music in treble clef all the time. A speak as one who has been singing from both bass and treble clef for 40-odd years.

--
Phil Holmes