Re: [Spam] Re: Crescendo in the first beat misaligned to the others

From: Rutger Hofman
Subject: Re: [Spam] Re: Crescendo in the first beat misaligned to the others
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 18:07:58 +0100

Hello Son,

I guess at your problem because I am not sure I grasp it. You are worried that the dynamics avoid the bar numbers from bar 2 on, is that right?

Well, lilypond places the dynamics in a way that collisions are avoided, and the dynamics are treated independently of each other (with the exception of dynamics that are contiguous in time, I think these stay at the same vertical offset). To verify what this means, let your notes go up over the bar (c with 2 ledger lines is not weird for a soprano), and watch the dynamics go up with it. And this is good engraving practice!

Nevertheless, if you want the dynamics to stay at the same vertical offset, of course you can achieve that. Create a separate \new Dynamics above your Staff, and put the dynamics, with spacer rests for the timing, into that Dynamics (and only in that Dynamics of course). I can provide an example if you want.

Rutger Hofman
Amsterdam

P.S. In a minimal example, why not discard the lyrics? and the skipBars? And the instrument names? Etc?