Re: proportional spacing for chords?

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: proportional spacing for chords?
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 12:40:28 +1100

Hi Adam,

I have tried lots of solutions for this. I am thinking this cannot be
satisfactorily done in lilypond at this time. The attached solution
works up to a point, but the chord names clash. Using really large
paper - which I also tried - to gain space such as architectural A0
does not seem practical for a music stand, although technically it
solves the clashing problem.

I am not sure that it is currently entirely reasonable to expect that
chordnames can be laid out proportionally the same as notes. Perhaps a
development request?

Mr Vromans on the list has a chord chart program called playtab -
perhaps you could export something to that. It may be a case of using
the right tool for the job.

Andrew