Re: (unknown)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: (unknown)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:32:42 +0200

Rob Torop <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm finding that when I use a TabStaff and also set some properties (either
> or both of minimumFret and restrainOpenStrings), my first line has an extra
> TabStaff!  What can I do to get rid of it? Thanks!
>
> Here's what it looks like:
>
> [image: Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 4.46.59 PM.png]
>
> And here's the code that generated this:
>
> \version "2.19"
> \language "english"
>
> solo = \relative c' {
>
>     % Either of both of the two settings will cause an extra "TAB" staff to
> be rendered
>      \set TabStaff.minimumFret=#1
>      \set TabStaff.restrainOpenStrings = ##t
>
>      c8   f e ef df c bf af
> }
>
> \score {
>   <<
>      \new Staff        \solo
>      \new TabStaff  \solo
>    >>
> }

The easiest remedy in this case is likely to use
\set Staff.minimumFret ...
since TabStaff is aliased to Staff, so you'll just be setting
properties in the _Staff_ context that are irrelevant, while the
settings reach the _TabStaff_ fine.

This will not work when writing something like

\new StaffGroup { \solo }

or so since then \set Staff.xxx will create a _Staff_ context before a
TabStaff has a chance to be available.  But if one is already there, it
will get used.

--
David Kastrup