Re: Lilypond newbie can't compile

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Lilypond newbie can't compile
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 17:00:14 +1000

Hi Manuela,

Well I think the reason newcomers use 2.18.2 is because the download page strongly asserts that this is the latest stable version.

More experienced users find the development versions very stable, of course, but newcomers don't know that.

The question that arises in my mind is why the OP is using Windows 7. :-)

Andrew