Re: parts sharing a staff

From: Shevek
Subject: Re: parts sharing a staff
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 12:21:59 -0700 (MST)

> Being able to do score and parts from the same music is yet another reason
I always want to keep the music code clear of any presentation-layer
commands.

I just make sure to precede every partcombine instruction with a \tag for
the score it pertains to.

>> The biggest problem caused by inserting commands mid-music is
>> that it breaks up multi-measure rests for the parts

>That's definitely a problem.

Here's my snippet to recombine broken MultiMeasureRests:  rest-combiner.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n203899/rest-combiner.ly>