Re: write text next to the staff

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: write text next to the staff
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 13:46:37 +0200

On 19 October 2017 at 12:17, Ben <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/19/2017 4:22 AM, Gianmaria Lari wrote:
Is there any simple way to write some text on the right of the staff? Like in the attached image.

Thank you, g.

Hi G,

I came across this code a while back on another website and it worked for what you're asking.
So I saved it for a rainy day... :)
[....]

Thank you Ben, yes I had seen it but it looked too much complicated for a so simple need so I have think it was not the right solution....

Playing a bit I have been able to obtain something that is not perfect but at least pretty simple:

\version "2.19.80"
mytext = {
  \stopStaff \hideNotes c c'^\markup {This is a simple text}
}

\score {
  \fixed c' {c d c d \mytext}
  \layout{}