Re: double time signature problem

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: double time signature problem
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 17:45:52 +0100

Am 13.11.2017 um 16:16 schrieb David Wright:
On Mon 13 Nov 2017 at 10:55:06 (+0100), Werner Arnhold wrote:
Hi, list members,

I try to typeset an old choral work with hemiolic measures. That leads
me to a 3/4 Mesure sometimes changed to a 3/2 measure without special
indication and immediately back again. So I wanted to follow a printed
example with two time signatures at the beginning of the first line.
The word you want to search on is alternatingTimeSignatures
but I've only turned up
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2014-05/msg00045.html
which might not be up-to-date. Urs may reply with a better version.
The one I use is attached.

Some more reference is in this blog post: http://lilypondblog.org/2014/06/polymetrics-in-sibelius-vs-lilypond/

The key idea is to create the visual time signature including all occuring time signatures and then suppress the *printing* of time signatures. That way you can write the actual time signatures (=> semantically correct) but have only the general rule printed at the beginning.

HTH
Urs

Cheers,
David.