Re: Question about the horizontal spacing

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Question about the horizontal spacing
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 11:30:16 -0500

On 12/11/2017 11:23 AM, Rus wrote:
 Hello!
 How can I control (I need to increase) the space between the bar line and the following lyrics syllable?
 I use version 2.18.2
Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you want to increase 'padding' so to
speak, you could do something like this:

{ c d e f? \once
 ? \override Staff.BarLine.space-alist.next-note = #'(fixed-space . 5.5)
 ? c d e f }

See attached.

Does this look like what you mean?

Thank you, but this does not look like I mean. I expanded your example (see attached). As you can see, the first syllable of each bar has a different space to the preceding bar line. I want the same space between the bar line and the following lyrics syllable, not to the next note.

?

If you remove the "once" then the override will apply exactly the same to each, moving forward - not just the first instance. Which I believe is what you want.

See my new attachment.

Can you share some code, if this is not what you're after? Thanks!

%%%%%%
\version "2.19.80"

 {
   % default
   c d e f
   % remove once and it applies to all not just the first
  \override Staff.BarLine.space-alist.next-note = #'(fixed-space . 5.5)
 c d e f
 c d e f
 c d e f^"etc..."