Re: Backing track creation with LilyPond

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Backing track creation with LilyPond
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 14:32:10 +0100

> On 14 Feb 2018, at 11:34, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hans Åberg <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Cats are very effective in that; Alexander Selkirk couldn't sleep,
>> tormented by rodents, until he befriended some cats left on the island
>> he was.
>
> I can imagine.  We got the two cats on duty (the one on the video never
> dared move more than 2m from the house and thus was no help)

They are normally taught by their mom, so one might try to get kittens from
farmers.

> when they
> were about three or four months old I think.  They were locked in one
> stable cell for a few days, and then overnight for a few days longer.

Maybe a cat house, like this one:
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdaSKngA5tU

> The mice were running around openly and rather visibly before that.
> Already when the cats were confined to one stable cell, the difference
> was staggering.  When they roamed freely, it was overwhelming.  They
> couldn't have caught hundreds of mice in that time frame: it's just that
> the visibility of the rodents dropped by wagonloads.  And ultimately
> likely also their number, probably more because they did not dare come
> looking for food than through actual killings.

Perhaps you might check in some mouse trap channel, e.g.
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTx5y_bufwk

>>> I tried keeping the door to the recording room closed, but then it
>>> would scratch at the door and make more of a ruckus than when it
>>> could just wander in and see there was nothing to be had.
>>
>> You might extract a clip "Cat photobombs Air" in a suitable category
>> so see if it gets viral. :-)
>
> Look, I'm glad that I manage dozens of views for some of the music
> videos I create, some even with more "Like" than "Dislike" ratings (in
> the rare case that ratings are given at all).  I don't want to find out
> that videos like <https://youtu.be/CNDPpUWz6T8> would be much more
> popular.

The suggestions system seems to be linked with what gets ad revenues: views of
specialized music seems to give no further hits, while a partial view of some
pop stuff gets a lot.