Frescobaldi sudden failures on all machines

From: peter.gentry
Subject: Frescobaldi sudden failures on all machines
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 14:03:28 -0000

I have been using Frescobaldi for years but today re-running old files I see the following behaviour.

The compilation proceeds for a while then halts with error -1073741819. This happens on two different Windows 10 machines with different OS versions. It happens when attempting to recompile old .ly files.

Frescobaldi error messages are notoriously obscure.  I have uninstalled ad re-installed Frescobaldi and rebooted to no effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions to isolate this issue. I suspect it may be about file permissions but that is just a suspicion.

Thanks for reading this far.