linphone-users

[Linphone-users] linphone and OSS drivers

From: Frederick Lefebvre
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphone and OSS drivers
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 21:58:33 -0400

All,

I have successfully use linphone 0.12.1 and 0.12.2 on RedHat9 with the alsa drivers. But I have not been able to get a sound stream when using the oss driver on either RedHat9, debian or on a Zaurus PDA.
The problem is always the same:
-The SIP session works perfectly.
-The 'ring' can be heard.
-The RTP session seems to work also (tcpdump show a great number of packets being exchange between the hosts.
-No sound is heard on or from the linphone client.

As anybody experience the same problem. Since configure offers the option '--enable-alsa=no', I guess that it must be possible to use the OSS drivers.

Any help will be appreciated.

Frederick Lefebvre

http://www.freenet6.net : Free IPv6 Connectivity