liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Mac OS X Version

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Mac OS X Version
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:48:20 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 08:55:09PM +0100, Jean-Julien Fleck wrote:
> night and it's really fun ! So I decided to seek the web to see if there
> was an existing version for Mac OS X. Apparently, it has to be asked here,
> so I'm asking :o)
Well, 5.5.9 has been successfully compiled for OS X. 5.6.1 should also
compile well. Ryan D. Brown (I can't find his email now, but I think it
looks like ribrdb@<somedomain>) did the port, I did not do it for I do
not have any Mac OS X machine to test it.

I can't remember if Ryan is on the list, if yes he'll probably answer.
If not I'll try and contact him, it's true that an "official" packaging
of LW for OSX wouldn't harm.

> I'm running on Mac OS X.2.8, with DevTools and a lot of fink stuff on my
> machine. I've no ability to understand how to change the source and
> compile it so that it runs on OS X, but I've some Unix knowledges on how
> to run terminal commands and so on.
Honestly, if you install Allegro (installable on OS X, that's sure) then
compiling the game under OS X should be fine. Maybe a ./configure &&
make could work to build the package. Have a look on ./Makefile or on
the ./misc/macosx_... files in the source package, it might help you.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>     __/\__ ___