liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Mac OS X Version

From: Jean-Julien Fleck
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Mac OS X Version
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:21:57 +0100 (CET)

Hello !

> You'll need to install X11, allegro, and esd if you want sound. Then you
> should be able to run configure for liquidwar and then do make
> package_macosx_tgz. This should make a tarball containing everything you
> need. I haven't tried it for probably at least a year, but let me know
> if you have any problems.

It worked nicely but the game is a bit slow compared to what I've seen on
my friend's computer. I'm running on an ibook G3 600 MHz and even the
cursor is moving as slowly as the rest. I've tried it on a newer ibook (G3
900 MHz) and it's still running slow but faster than the 600 MHz.
Thus I would like to know if there are some features I could suppress to
enhance the velocity of the game.

Thanks

JJ