lmi

[lmi] Curious failure message

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Curious failure message
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 20:05:16 +0000

An end user gets this messagebox:

lmi_wx_shared.exe - Entry Point Not Found
---------------------------
The procedure entry point
_ZN18wxScrollHelperBase11DoPrepareDCER4wxDC could not be
located in the dynamic link library
wxmsw30u_gcc_gcc-345-241998efc12205172ed24c18788ea2cd.dll

Vadim, does that happen to ring a bell? The dll name matches
the one I use here. Demangling the entry point's name yields:
  wxScrollHelperBase::DoPrepareDC(wxDC&)
Does that mean anything in particular?

I'm guessing that this is just msw's random way of saying the
dll is missing, and in that case you can't help us at all.

Only this one user ever has this kind of problem, though
AFAIK the error message is not always the same. This problem
seems to happen when other software on his computer is
"upgraded". All I can guess is that such an "upgrade" may
cause some "security" software on his computer to kill our
dll. Reinstalling lmi fixes the problem.