loongson-buildfarm

Re: Build farm down / building fuloong farms (was: Re: [loongson-buildfa

From: Philippe Vachon
Subject: Re: Build farm down / building fuloong farms (was: Re: [loongson-buildfarm] build farm down ?)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:06:37 -0500

Hi Daniel,

WRT the serial port for the Fuloongs, it's a male DE9 connector on one end, and
a 3-pin female 2mm connector on the other end. You require a null modem cable
to connect to it, however. As I recall, PMON will output its debug messages via
the serial port by default, but I haven't tried actually configuring the
Fuloong from the RS232 port.

I've uploaded a photo of the connector at
http://lebesgue.cowpig.ca/~philippe/fuloong_rs232.jpg, in case that helps.

As a side note, I think deblobbing PMON will be fairly simple -- just delete
the file with the VGA BIOS code in it (vgarom.c in the Bonito directory, under
Targets) in it and then disable the config option that enables VGA output
(probably commenting out 'select mod_vgacon' in the Bonito config will be
enough, but I haven't tried).

Cheers,
Phil