loongson-buildfarm

Re: [lemote] Build farm down / building fuloong farms (was: Re: [loongs

From: Chen Jie
Subject: Re: [lemote] Build farm down / building fuloong farms (was: Re: [loongson-buildfarm] build farm down ?)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:57:40 +0800

Sorry for the lag in replying.
The build farm is online now. Somebody cut off the electric supply by mistake.

2010/2/15 Daniel Clark <address@hidden>
On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:
> I can't seem to access the build farm, is it down or a routing problem ?

I can't get to it either at the moment. It is Chinese Spring Festival
at the moment, so I don't know if anyone from Lemote will be around
until the 22nd, but cc:ing lemote list just in case.

If Lemote can't get it back up soon, and it would be useful, I can see
about getting people user accounts on the US-based
loongson2f-1.gnewsense.org machine temporarily.

I should have around 10 fuloongs in the US in 3-4 weeks, many of which
will be put in a build farm configuration.

I believe I recall that PMON either automatically also uses the serial
port on the fuloong or can easily be made to do so; is that correct?

Also, could someone with a fuloong tell me what the gender of the DB9
end of the supplied serial cable is, if it has screws or bolts on the
sides, and if you need a null modem adapter to connect to another
computer?

I'm planning to not use the VGA on the fuloong due to the VGA BIOS
blob in PMON; eventually I'm going to look into removing the blob from
PMON completely.

Reason for using it instead of yeeloong for this application is just
that it is significantly less expensive, and also it has an
easily-accessible serial port which should make managing large numbers
of them easier.

Specifically I'm planning on using one of them as a console server, using:
http://www.conserver.com/ ,
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.33189 and
( http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5859 or
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9181 ) depending on the
answer to the "screws or bolts" question.

I'm not planning on doing remote power at this moment, but if anyone
knows of an inexpensive way of doing that I'd love to hear about it.
Using X10 stuff is a possibility, but maybe too hackish :)

Happy Hacking,
--
Daniel JB Clark | Free Software Activist | http://pobox.com/~dclark