lout-users

page number ranges

From: Jeffrey H Kingston
Subject: page number ranges
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 09:22:53 +0000

I've had a suggestion that an option for printing only a
selected range of pages should be added to Lout.  I declined
to do this on the grounds that it is best placed in a
postprocessor.

Does anyone know of a PostScript processor that will print a
selected range of pages?  I wrote one ages ago, and I would be
willing to make it available if there is any demand for it, but
I don't want to waste my time maintaining a program that
duplicates some widespread other program that I don't know about.

Jeff

ps I know that you can select pages to print one at a time
in Ghostview, but I don't call that convenient.

pps There are no time gains to be made by suppressing PostScript
output on early runs.  I know, I've tried it.