lout-users

PS Utils (Was: page number ranges)

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: PS Utils (Was: page number ranges)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 13:35:43 +0300 (MSK)

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Jeffrey H Kingston wrote:

> I've had a suggestion that an option for printing only a selected
> range of pages should be added to Lout. I declined to do this on the
> grounds that it is best placed in a postprocessor.

> Does anyone know of a PostScript processor that will print a
> selected range of pages?

PS Utils by Angus Duggan <address@hidden> will do this and much
much more. These are the best page manipulation utils I ever saw. The
latest version can be obtained from:

                   ftp://ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk/pub/ajcd/

The current version is 1.16, files are named psutils-p16.tar.{Z,gz}

The most interest programs of the suite are:

        psresize        alter document paper size
        psselect        selects pages and page ranges
        psbook          rearranges pages into signatures
        psnup           put multiple pages per physical sheet of paper
        pstops          performs general page rearrangement and selection

Best regards!

SY, Uwe.
--------