lout-users

Re: Formatting in table going wrong?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Formatting in table going wrong?
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:55:03 +0200

Hi,

Dave Baldwin <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to convert some Latex to Lout and when I process the
> following Lout code I notice a number of things that puzzle me in the
> output:
> 1.  The table appears on page 2 and page 1 is empty.

This is because you enclosed the actual table address@hidden' in an
address@hidden'.
address@hidden' creates a floating table (similar to floating figures---see the
relevant section of the User Guide).  By default, floating
tables/figures appear on the page immediately following the
address@hidden'/address@hidden' invocation (provided there is enough space to
hold
it).

> 2.  Within Cell C the line spacing between wrapped lines is greater
> than that of line breaks I have introduced with @LLP.  Section 1.8 of
> the user manual indicates is should use the same spacing.

This is a known problem.  See:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.type-setting.lout/901

I believe Jeff explained me why this was not fixable but it seems that
his answer was off-list.

> 3.  Within Cell C I wouldn't have expected input line "...Decoder
> processes..." to be on different lines.

This won't be the case unless you use the `lines' break style.  For
instance:

  lines @Break
  @Tbl

Or (if the `break' option really exists):

  @Tbl
    break { lines }

> 4.  The AbortStreams line isn't justified.

In any case, you simply used address@hidden' without specifying your initial
break style.  I don't know what the default break style is.  Check the
address@hidden' option of address@hidden' in the User Guide.

Hope this helps,
Ludovic.