Re: [Ltib] LTIB on Gentoo

From: Ken Gilmer
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LTIB on Gentoo
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:34:37 -0500

Hey Stuart,

Yeah, my Ltibutils.pm has the Gentoo line. I've confirmed that "/ usr/portage" exists on my machine:

$ ls -ld /usr/portage
drwxr-xr-x 158 root root 4096 Jan 31  2007 /usr/portage

And that /usr/include/[gc]++ does not (assuming there is no string substitution in there):

$ ls -ld /usr/include/*\+\+
ls: cannot access /usr/include/*++: No such file or directory

But if I'm reading the error and Perl right, shouldn't the problem be with the preceeding check, the one for 'libstdc++'? Here is my libstdc check:

$ ls -ld /usr/lib/libstdc++*
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 28  2006 /usr/lib/libstdc++-v3

I looked up the glob() function, and extracted that particular code into a script and ran it:

$ cat /tmp/globtest.pm
print glob('/usr/lib/libstdc++*');

$ perl /tmp/globtest.pm
/usr/lib/libstdc++-v3

So it seems the check requires more than one return here. If I run the same script on my FC5 box, I get this:

# perl globtest.pm
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.8

Since I do not know why more than one is required to be valid, I cannot suggest a fix for this problem. Throwing caution to the wind, I changed the test such that one file expansion would pass. It now seems to be running, but I'm not sure if it worked or not. I'll respond back once I know.

Here is my box version. It is a recent install and should be reasonably up to date.

$ uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.15-gentoo-r5 #1 SMP Mon Feb 13 20:23:47 UTC 2006 i686 Celeron-A GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Thanks
Ken