Re: [Ltib] LTIB on Gentoo

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LTIB on Gentoo
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:07:17 +0000

Hi Ken,

Can you check that the file: bin/Ltibutils.pm has got this in it at line
563.  This was recently submitted.

    'libstdc++-devel'=> sub { return system_nb("ls -ld /usr/include/[gc]++*
&>/dev/null") == 0
                                         || (-e "/usr/portage") # Gentoo hack

Basically the test is looking for some g/c++ headers in /usr/include as
evidence of c++ development being installed.  The extra bit that was
added was for Gentoo, apparently this does not have these files, so the
idea is that if your system has /usr/portage (e.g. is Gentoo) then the
test just passes.

If you do have /usr/portage on your system it should work.  If not I
need to come up with some other test for Gentoo.  Maybe you could take a
look and see what might be a useful telltale.

Regards, Stuart