Re: [Ltib] How to force install of rpm package?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] How to force install of rpm package?
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:47:08 +0100

Hi Svein,

If you run ./ltib it will only leave installed those package which are selected (with ./ltib -m config). I suspect you don't have qtopia selected.

BTW: you should only be using ./ltib -p <pkg> if you're actually developing with that package or want to temporarily install it.

Regards, Stuart

Svein Seldal wrote:
Hi again

I have a LTIB setup where I'm also using the rootfs/ directory as a NFS root to a system. I compiled Qtopia-4 yesterday and it took a long time to compile (hours).

Today I had to reconfigure some ltib packages, and then suddely the qtopia files were missing from target. Ok. I have to reinstall the files since I have the qtopia-xxx.rpm file from rpm/RPMS/arm still around.

But, alas, not that easy!

First of all the most obvious:

$ ./ltib

  Processing: qtopia-4
  ======================
  Build path taken because: directory build,
  checking if sources have been updated: no

But no files in target. Then:

$ ./ltib -e

Same result. Nada. Then I tried:

$ ./ltib -m scinstall -p qtopia-4

Cannot find spec file that contains the package name qtopia-4.
If necessary please give the whole spec file name (with the .spec extension).

traceback:
 main::mk_buildlist:1903
  main::validate_sn:1948
   main::build_rpm:723
    main::f_scinstall:1007
     main:557

Exiting on error or interrupt

$ find . -name qtopia-4.spec
./dist/lfs-5.1/qtopia/qtopia-4.spec

I'm really getting out of options. I can of course delete the qtopia rpm and start over, but I fear I will head into this fix once more later on.

Help, please?

- Svein Seldal