Re: [Ltib] Help LTIB Installing

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Help LTIB Installing
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:54:25 +0100

Hi Dick,

You get output by cutting and pasting from the terminal window to your email client. To do this, click and hold the left mouse button to highlight the text and then release. Move the pointer to your email client's compose window and press the middle mouse button.

I would expect the PPP to fail. What would be interesting is the actual output after that point. The GPP access should pass.

To answer your questions:

1/ CVS is preferable as ltib-8-1-2a-sv.tar.gz is a year old (the main trunk of CVS should always be stable).

2/ No you don't need a fixed IP address. If you can successfully run this at the command line:
   wget http://www.bitshrine.org/gpp/skell-1.19.tar.gz
the everything should work. I suspect some kind of network issue to the internet.

Regards, Stuart

Dick Tseng wrote:
Hi All,
I don't know how to get any output for you.
I'll write down my install rule.

1. Install Debain (default setting)
2. Download LTIB with http://www.bitshrine.org/
<http://www.bitshrine.org/>3. Unzip ltib-8-1-2a-sv.tar.gz <http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/ltib/ltib-8-1-2a-sv.tar.gz> <http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/ltib/ltib-8-1-2a-sv.tar.gz>4. /usr/sbin/visudo 5. Add setting "dick   ALL = NOPASSWD: /bin/rpm, /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm"
6. apt-get install m4
7. apt-get install bison
8. apt-get install patch
9. apt-get install build-essential
10.apt-get install libncurses5-dev
11.apt-get install zlib1g-dev
12.apt-get install rpm
13. excute command "./ltib --preconfig config/platform/imx27ads/defconfig.dev  --batch
Then got the error message,
Testing ppp_url connectivity: FAIL, disabling
Testing gpp_url connectivity: "
I have some question,
1. Did install the LTIB need the CVS ?
2. Did install the LTIB need Fix IP ?