Re: [Ltib] Adding libraries to host tool chain

From: Mike Goins
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Adding libraries to host tool chain
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 12:26:06 -0400

I have been trying to fix boost to get to build.  I did create a
boost-header.spec which just copies the headers from boost into the
rootfs.  That in itself will give you 99% of the boost functionality.
 I have had almost success in a full library build using the local
copy bjam.  This was to get around  a bjam compile problem in the -m
scbuild process in which the booststrap, jam0, ends up cross-compiled,
but it should be natively built by the local gcc even thought the
build  log showed the call as "gcc .......".   Is there something
about the -m scbuild process that hides the native compiler?    Could
there be environment variables in this process that affect native
compiling (CFLAGS)?   If so, how do get access to my native gcc?

Sorry, I seem to be full of questions.   I do have about a dozen new
spec files and some patches that should work.  Can I just start
submitting them to the list?

Thanks again!