Re: [Ltib] ncurses or .gvfs failed?

From: Svein Seldal
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ncurses or .gvfs failed?
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 23:05:36 +0200

Stuart Hughes wrote:
The deployment problem you had (permissions) are nothing to do with Jaunty. What it means is the those files have permissions that are not readable as the normal user. The spec files that generate those files need adjusting to add read permissions.

Ah. I overlooked your replies before sending my previous post.

So I understand then that the current "policy" in ltib is to make sure every file&directory in romfs is installed with world read permissions?

I don't know if it's a problem, but overriding the default install permissions on secure applications (like openswan) wouldn't that violate the originators design ideas? I mean, there is probably good reason for these files to be 700...

- Svein