[Ltib] Guide/Best Practices for developing and building new package for

From: B.J. Buchalter
Subject: [Ltib] Guide/Best Practices for developing and building new package for LTIB
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:06:03 -0400

Hi folks,

So, I would like to start working on building some software for our dev board -- beyond a package or port that already exists. That is, I am not looking to bring a package to LTIB -- rather I would like to start building new code from scratch, but within the cross-compile/ deployment environment. Eventually, I would like to package it up for LTIB.

I've read over the FAQ, but it doesn't seem to address this aspect of development within the LTIB environment.

Can anyone summarize the steps and best practices to get started, or is there a resource on the web that someone could point me at?

One constraint for me is that while I have LTIB running in a virtual box environment (under Mac OS X), the software I am working on really needs access to the FireWire hardware, so it is not really applicable to do the development in the normal host environment. If that is strongly recommended I guess I will have to set up a linux PC for that purpose.

Anyway, suggestions cheerfully accepted.

Thanks!

B.J. Buchalter
Metric Halo
http://www.mhlabs.com