Re: [Ltib] Idea: Binary lpp pool?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Idea: Binary lpp pool?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:31:04 +0100

Svein Seldal wrote:
Mike Goins wrote:
I would love a local staging area for prebuilt rpms since all our
developers will be using identical build systems.   Is there a way to
get ltib to check in the way it does for %ppp_url and %gpp_url in
.ltibrc for prebuilt binaries?   If it is not already there there then
I would definitely add it myself.

I agree. And we will make a similar patch for ltib with the same functionality. Maybe we should team up, even if this doesn't end up in the official ltib?

Another reason for us to have a prebuilt staging area is because it can then be part of our internal binary release process. We are going to make a number of different products based on the same HW, and all of these products will have different package composition.

If you're doing binary releases there is ./ltib -m release. This bundles up all the sources, content (package sources) and includes pre-built rpms. Maybe that's what you're looking for?

Regards, Stuart